Can I end McShield exe?
Click Start, Run, type services.
Locate and double-click the McAfee McShield service. Click Stop to close the service and click OK.
How do I stop McAfee using so much RAM?
How to Limit the Amount of Memory Used by McAfee
- Check your task manager to see just what is occupying your CPU usage.
- Make sure you have the most up to date version.
- Get rid of unnecessary functions.
- See if another feature is interfering with McAfee.
- Keep as much free memory as possible.
Why is McAfee taking up so much memory?
Related. While system security monitors like McAfee ensure that your computer is free of malware programs that eat up your system resources, sometimes the McAfee scanner itself can tax your computer’s memory, especially when you’re using multiple programs at the same time.
What is McShield exe?
The Mcshield.exe process is the active defense or anti-virus part of the McAfee computer security suite. The Mcshield.exe program is designed to protect the computer from malware and remove existing malware infections.