Do Vive base stations need to be connected to PC?
Using Bluetooth, SteamVR on your computer communicates with the base stations. The only thing you need to do is connect it to your computer’s USB port and plug it in to use the power adapter. The link box of VIVE Pro must also be powered on if you are using it.
How do I pair my Vive base station to my computer via Bluetooth?
Make sure your headset is connected to your PC during the update.
- From your computer, open the SteamVR app.
- Click > Devices > Bluetooth Settings > Enable Bluetooth .
- Do one of the following: Click > Devices > Update Device, and then select the base stations.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
How do I connect my steam base station?
Place your base stations at opposite corners of your play area, pointing toward its center. In general, higher up is better, though be sure to select a stable surface when placing them. Plug each base station into an outlet and remove its protective film.
How do I sync my HTC Vive base station?
Here’s how to set up your HTC Vive base stations with a sync cable.
- Connect the two base stations to one another using the sync cable.
- Set one of the HTC Vive’s base stations to channel A and the other to channel B. Channels can be changed by using the button located on the rear of the stations.