Does Snapchat say you’re typing if you open chat?
Of course, some apps only display that notification in the private chat box and not next to a person’s name on the friends’ list. Snapchat, however, uses a notification system that alerts you when someone is typing, not just when they’ve sent you a Snap.
How can you open a chat on Snapchat without them notifying that you are typing?
- Open Snapchat and tap on the Chat icon in the lower left-hand corner.
- Tap on the users’ Bitmoji in the upper left-hand corner.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap on Chat Settings in the menu that appears.
- Toggle the switch next to Message Notifications off.
Why does Snapchat say someone is typing but they haven’t opened it?
When it comes to typing, it’s enough for someone to tap the text field in a chatbox for the typing notification to get triggered. Even if that person hasn’t yet typed a word or put in a space in the text field, the notification will still go out to the intended message receiver.
When Snapchat shows someone is typing?
If the person is typing, you’ll see their Bitmoji on the bottom left of your chat. It will look like it’s thinking, which is an indicator that the person is typing. Keep in mind that this applies only to the text chat feature.