How do I connect my gateway computer to the internet?
The most common way of connecting the internet gateway to the internet is via a home WiFi connection. However, if this is not available, the internet gateway can be connected to an internet-enabled computer via an ethernet cable.
How do I fix a network gateway problem?
Fixed: “Default gateway not available”
- Method 1: Temporarily disable your antivirus software.
- Method 2: Remove McAfee from your computer.
- Method 3: Disable the auto-login feature.
- Method 4: Reset TCP/IP with the Netsh command.
- Method 5: Update your network adapter drivers.
Why is my gateway not connecting?
Unplug the router for 30 seconds and plug back in. It can take a few minutes to reconnect to the internet. If you still cannot connect to the internet, contact your Internet Service Provider before proceeding. Move the Internet Gateway ethernet cable to another port on the router.
Why does my gateway keep going offline?
Potential Cause: Internet service to your customer’s house is temporarily out. The gateway has lost power. The gateway has been disconnected from your customer’s router or the physical port on the router or switch has failed.