How do I connect my Wii U to AV cable?
Complete these steps
- Place the Wii U console at least 4″ (10 cm) away from walls or other surfaces that may block ventilation.
- Ensure your television is turned off.
- Connect the HDMI cable to an available HDMI port on your television.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the Wii U console.
- Turn your television on.
Why doesn’t my Wii U connect to my TV?
You will need to ensure the TV is set to the correct input settings if you switch cables. It can take up to a minute for the Wii U console to detect that a Wii AV Cable/Wii Component Video Cable is connected. Once a minute has passed, ensure the TV is set to the correct input channel.
How do I fix my Wii U that won’t connect?
Reset and Re-sync the Wii U GamePad:
- Unplug the power cord from the console, and let it sit for at least a few seconds.
- Ensure the Wii U console is placed to minimize interference.
- Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off.
- Plug the console back in and turn it on.
How do you change Wii U to AV?
From the Wii U Menu, select “System Settings.” Using the Left Stick, scroll to the “TV” icon and press the A Button. Tap “TV Connection Type.” Select “Non-HDMI.” The correct resolution will automatically be applied.