How do I download a Dell recovery image?
- Browse to the Dell Recovery Image website.
- Enter the Service Tag of the Dell computer and the verification code, and click Check Availability.
- Select the Windows, Ubuntu, or Linux operating system, and click Download Selected Files.
- Review the Terms and Conditions, and click Continue to download the file.
How do I create a recovery disk for my Dell laptop?
Create recovery media for your Dell computer
- Click Start.
- Select Create a recovery drive.
- At the User Access Control prompt, Select Yes to open the Recovery Drive wizard.
- Connect the USB flash drive to an available USB port, ensure that the drive selected is correct, then click Next.
How do I download Windows recovery USB?
In order to create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive, you need to get Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool (MCT).
- Insert a blank USB Flash drive into your PC.
- Navigate to Microsoft’s Download Windows 10 page.
- Click Download tool now under under “Create Windows 10 installation media”
- Click Accept when prompted.
How do I reinstall the operating system on my Dell laptop?
Be sure you have backed up your files before beginning this task.
- Click Start.
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Advanced Startup, select Restart now.
- At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Factory Image Restore.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.