How do I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 1545 without password?
Reset Dell Laptop to Factory Settings without Knowing Admin Password
- From the login screen, click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- The computer will restart and take you to the troubleshooting option screen.
- Now you’ll see the options to reset or refresh your computer.
- Click Next.
How do I wipe my Dell computer clean and start over?
Reset your Dell computer using Windows Reset
- Click Start.
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Reset this PC, select Get Started.
- Select the option to Remove everything Removes all of your personal files, apps and settings.
- Select Remove files and clean the drive.
How do I restore my Dell Inspiron to factory settings?
How to factory reset Dell Inspiron?
- Click the Start button (the Windows 10 icon), and type Reset.
- Select Reset this PC in the System Settings.
- Under the Advanced Startup, select Restart now.
- In the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Factory Image Restore.
How do you master reset a Dell laptop?
Disconnect all devices such as USB drives, printers, webcams, and media cards (SD/xD). Press and hold the power button for 15 to 20 seconds to drain residual power. Connect the AC adapter or power cable and the battery (for Dell laptops).
How do I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 1545 without password? – Related Questions
How do I force my computer to factory reset?
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and click Get Started under Reset this PC. You are then asked if you want to keep your files or delete everything. Select Remove Everything, click Next, then click Reset. Your PC goes through the reset process and reinstalls Windows.
How do I factory reset my computer using the keyboard?
Press and hold the “Ctrl” and “Alt” keys on the keyboard, and then press the “Delete” key. There will be several options in the dialog box if Windows is functioning properly. You can restart again by pressing “Ctrl-Alt-Delete” if you don’t see the dialog box after a few seconds.
Can I factory reset with CMD?
Go to the Start menu search bar, type in ‘command prompt,’ and run it as administrator. In the Command prompt, type systemreset –factoryreset. Select the Keep my files and Remove everything option. Finally, click on Reset to begin the process.
Why can’t I factory reset my laptop?
One of the most common causes for the reset error is corrupted system files. If key files in your Windows 10 system are damaged or deleted, they can prevent the operation from resetting your PC. Running the System File Checker (SFC scan) will allow you to repair these files and attempt to reset them again.
How do you master Reset a computer?
To reset your PC
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.) Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
How do you completely wipe a computer?
Open Settings and select Windows Update. Click Advanced Options, then scroll down to Recovery. Click Reset PC then Remove everything.
Can’t Reset my PC no changes were made?
To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. Reboot your system, and attempt Reset this PC again.
What does Reagentc disable do?
/disable. Disables any active Windows RE image that is mapped to the online image.
How do I force a factory reset on Windows 10?
Reset in Windows 10
- Go to the search field in your task bar and type “reset,” which will bring up “Reset this PC” as the best match. Click on that.
- Alternatively, click on the Start key (the Windows icon in the lower left corner). Click on the gear (setup) icon, and go to “Update & Security” > “Recovery.”
How do I Reset my computer BIOS?
Performing a Factory Reset from BIOS (Microsoft Windows)
- Power on or restart the workstation.
- Enter the BIOS by tapping either the right or left bottom of the screen.
- Tap Advanced, and then tap Special Configuration.
- Tap Factory Recovery.
- Select Enabled from drop-down menu.
- Tap Home.
- Tap Save and Exit.
How do I reset my Dell laptop to BIOS?
NOTE: This process resets the BIOS to factory default settings, it does not clear the CMOS or NVRAM.
- Turn on the computer.
- Tap the F2 key several times until Entering Setup appears.
- Reset the BIOS to factory defaults.
- Press the Esc key and select Save and exit or Exit.
How do you reset a Dell laptop BIOS?
- Restart the computer.
- Press and hold the CTRL + ESC key on the keyboard until the BIOS Recovery page appears.
- On the BIOS Recovery screen, select Reset NVRAM (if available) and press the Enter key.
- Select Recover BIOS and press the Enter key to start the recovery process.
How do I factory reset my computer without a monitor?
How do I reset my screen resolution without a monitor?
- Restart your PC.
- Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
- Click See Advanced Repair Options.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Windows Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
How do you reset a laptop to its factory settings?
The steps are:
- Start the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select a keyboard language and click Next.
- If prompted, login with an administrative account.
- At the System Recovery Options, choose System Restore or Startup Repair (if this is available)
How do I restore my laptop to factory settings without administrator password?
Way 2. Directly Factory Reset Windows 7 Laptop without Admin Password
- Reboot your laptop or PC.
- Select the Repair your Computer option and press Enter.
- The System Recovery Options window will popup, click System Restore, it will check the data in your Restore Partition and factory reset laptop without password.
What does Alt F10 do Windows 10?
“Alt + F10” is a set of shortcut keys to help users of Acer computer to quickly enter into recovery environment of Acer eRecovery Management.