How do I fix hard drive short DST check failed?
Fix 1. Update the HDD Driver to Fix Short DST Failed
- Right-click This PC > click “Manage”. On the left side, click “Device Manager”.
- Double-click to expand Disk driver. Right-click your disk driver and choose “Update Driver Software”.
- In the pop-up window, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
How do I fix DST error?
5 Steps You Need To Do When Your Short DST Failed
- Boot Windows from the recovery drive.
- Open the Repair Windows screen by pressing “R”
- Run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type “chkdsk c:/p/r”
- Hit Enter.
- Once done, type “exit” and your system will reboot.
What is HDD DST check?
Summary : If your hard disk cannot pass the self-disk test, it means that the disk has some problems and is no longer capable of functioning properly. Many users said they had encountered the hard disk DST failed error when they restart a laptop.
What does long DST warning mean?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but according to HP, that error message means that your primary storage drive (i.e., hard drive) is in imminent danger of failing. While it could last for several more days, it could also fail immediately!