How do I fix MBR error?
Fix the MBR in Windows 10
- Boot from the original installation DVD (or the recovery USB)
- At the Welcome screen, click Repair your computer.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Choose Command Prompt.
- When the Command Prompt loads, type the following commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
What does MBR error mean?
MBR stands for Master Boot Record and it’s the first thing your computer goes through when you turn it on. The MBR error 1 appears during boot and they signal the corruption of the master boot record. The problem is sort of difficult to resolve as you are not able to access your operating system.
How do I fix the MBR on my SSD?
How to fix MBR on SSD via freeware?
- Download, install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. Select the SSD and right-click it to choose “Rebuild MBR”, or in the main menu select Disk > Rebuild MBR.
- Set the type of MBR in the pop-up window.
- Click “Apply” on the toolbar to commit Rebuild MBR operation.
What causes MBR error?
MBR errors can have three different causes: a virus infection, a drive failure or an MBR overwrite caused by a program. Virus infections happen when a virus is loaded onto your computer. Many viruses target the master boot record, since this is the most important part of your hard drive.