How do I fix media test failure on Lenovo laptop?
HP Notebook PCs – “PXE-E61: Media Test Failure” Error Message Appears On Black Screen
- Step 1: Remove the Non-System Disk from the Computer.
- Step 2: Test the Hard Drive.
- Step 3: Remove and Reseat the Hard Drive.
- Step 4: Reinstall the Windows Operating System on the Hard Drive.
- Step 5: Schedule a Repair.
What is a PXE-E61 media test failure?
The PXE-E61 and PXE-M0F errors can happen in the following circumstances: The Intel NUC is configured to boot to a network, but a network cable isn’t connected to the Intel NUC. The Intel NUC can’t find the Windows installation on the hard drive (The drive is not detected).
How do I exit PXE-E61 media test failure?
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent.
Check that the drive is detected in BIOS:
- Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
- Go to the Boot menu.
- Check the Boot Drive Order.
- Press F10 to exit BIOS Setup.
How do I fix media test failure?
How to fix PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable Error?
- Check the Power Supply and Cables.
- Remove external USB storage devices.
- Change the boot order in BIOS.
- Disconnect the network drive or Reset BIOS.
- Get the help of Data Recovery Experts.