How do I get my Asus laptop to play sound through HDMI?
- Type and search [Sound settings] in the Windows search bar①, then click [Open]②.
- In Related Settings, select [Sound Control Panel]③.
- In Playback tab, select your monitor④, and then click [Set Default]⑤.
Why is there no sound when I plug my laptop into HDMI?
Connect the laptop to the TV or monitor with an HDMI cable. Right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of the Windows bottom bar to open the popup menu. Select “Open sound settings“. In the new window, look at the Output section and there should be your TV or monitor.
How do I enable HDMI audio on my laptop?
How do I enable sound on my HDMI port?
- Press Windows + R Key to open Run.
- Type mmsys.cpl and hit enter to open the sound and audio device settings window.
- Go to the playback tab.
- If there is an HDMI audio device that is disabled, right-click on it and select “Enable” Enable HDMI Audio Device.