How do I get my computer to recognize my external DVD drive?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do I install an external DVD drive?
How to install the external DVD drive and driver.
- Turn on the notebook computer.
- Remove the PC card from the bottom of the DVD-ROM drive.
- Connect the supplied AC adapter to the DVD-ROM drive and an AC outlet.
- Insert the PC card into the PC card slot on the notebook computer with the SONY logo side facing up.
How do I reinstall the DVD drive on my Toshiba laptop?
- Press the Window key+X.
- Select Device Manager from the options.
- Left click on the CD/DVD drive.
- Right click on the CD/DVD drive installed.
- Click on uninstall.
- Right click again on the same and click install.
- Then restart the computer.
Dec 30, 2015
How do I access my external DVD drive Windows 10?
Follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
- Type devmgmt. msc and press enter to open device manager.
- Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.
- If so, right click on it and uninstall it.
- Restart the computer.