How do I get my laptop speakers to work again?
- Reinstall your audio drivers.
- Update your audio driver.
- Modify your registry.
- Make sure that your audio sensor is working.
- Make sure that your sound isn’t muted.
- Check the default audio device.
- Run the built-in troubleshooter.
- Try external speakers or headphones.
Why did my computer speakers suddenly stop working?
And one of the most common reasons that your computer sound may not be working is because of outdated or missing drivers. To check the status of your audio or speaker drivers, you must first see if you can automate this process.
How do you know if your laptop speakers are damaged?
How do I check if my laptop speakers are working?
- Right-click the Volume icon in the notification area.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Playback Devices.
- Select a playback device, such as your PC’s speakers.
- Click the Configure button.
- Click the Test button.
- Close the various dialog boxes; you passed the test.