How do I get past a hard drive security?
How do I disable the harddrive on my HP laptop?
How to Disable the Smart Hard Drive Detection on My HP Computer
- Power on or restart your computer.
- Press the “F2”, “F10” or “Delete” key when you see the BIOS prompt text appear on the screen.
- Navigate the BIOS menu using your arrow keys and use the on-screen legend for reference on how to change settings.
Where is the HDD password?
The hard disk password is stored in the disk drive’s firmware itself. Using a hard disk password does help protect your files, unlike an operating system password or BIOS password.
How do I change my HDD password?
Setting or deleting the HDD password:
- During startup or restart, press and hold or continuously press F2 to enter the BIOS Setup Utility screen.
- Select HDD Password, and press Enter.
- Select HDD Master Password or HDD User Password, press Enter, and follow the onscreen instructions to change the HDD password.