How do I hook up an OTA antenna to DIRECTV?
- Turn off and unplug both the DIRECTV receiver and your television.
- Place a digital antenna next to or close to the receiver.
- Turn the connector with your fingers until it is tight.
- Plug in and power on the receiver and television.
Can I get a free antenna from DIRECTV?
We provide the Over-the-Air Antenna at no charge. This antenna is yours to keep. You don’t need to do anything when local channel negotiations end. You’ll be able to watch local channels through your DIRECTV® equipment.
Can I use an antenna with DIRECTV?
How do you get local channels on DIRECTV?
- Press Home on your remote.
- Open Settings > General > System Summary.
- Make sure your ZIP Code is correct.
- Go to Location > Location Status and toggle OFF.
- Press the red button on the side of your device to restart it.
- Toggle your Location Status ON after you restart.