How do I remove the DVD drive from my Computer?
Step 1: Removing the drive from Device Manager
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click the Device Manager button.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to DVD/CD-ROM drives.
- Right-click the drive you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall.
How do I remove the DVD drive from my Dell Computer?
Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer. Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window. Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
How do I remove the DVD drive from my HP desktop?
Removing a CD or DVD drive
- Remove the side panel.
- Remove the front bezel.
- Locate the optical (CD/DVD) drive in the computer.
- Detach the power and data cables from the back of the optical (CD or DVD) drive.
- Detach the two torx screws that secure the optical drive in its drive bay.
How do I replace my optical drive?