How do I reset my phone with encryption?
How to securely erase your Android device in 4 steps
- Make sure your Android device is encrypted.
- Remove your SIM card and any storage cards.
- Perform a factory reset to fully erase your device.
- Remove any remaining account associations.
How do I change encryption settings on Android?
- If you haven’t already, set a lock screen PIN, pattern, or password.
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap Security & Location.
- Under “Encryption,” tap Encrypt phone or Encrypt tablet.
- Carefully read the information shown.
- Tap Encrypt phone or Encrypt tablet.
- Enter your lock screen PIN, pattern, or password.
How do I enable encryption on my Android?
To get started, go to Settings > Security > Encryption > Screen lock. Select the PIN option and enter a PIN. The Android device is ready to be encrypted. Use the settings menu to open the encryption screen below by following Settings > Security > Encryption > Encrypt tablet or Encrypt phone.
Where is my phone encryption code?
Go to Settings > Security and you will see the Encrypt Phone option. If your phone is already encrypted, it will say so but if not, tap on it and follow the instructions.