How do I stop my Dell laptop from hibernating?
How to disable or delete the hiberfil. sys file
- Open an elevated command prompt or PowerShell (Right click on the windows start button and select CMD Prompt (admin) or Windows PowerShell (admin) from the menu).
- Type the following command and press the enter key to disable the file: powercfg -h off.
Sep 30, 2021
Why does my laptop hibernate by itself?
This issue can be caused by corrupted system files and incorrect Power Plan settings. Since you have configured the Power Plan settings already and you’re still experiencing the issue, try disabling hibernation on Windows 10 by following the steps below and see if the issue will persist.Aug 20, 2017
Why my Dell laptop is hibernating?
Hibernate is a computer function that allows your computer to conserve battery power and save your work. It allows you to step away from your computer without closing all your work. A computer is set to enter hibernate mode after a certain amount of time.
How do I stop my laptop from automatically hibernating?
- Press the Windows button on the keyboard to open Start menu or Start screen.
- Search for cmd.
- When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press Enter.
- Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.