How do I stop my laptop from overheating and shutting down?
6 Effective tips to stop laptop Overheating
- Check and clean the fans. Whenever you feel your laptop getting hot, place your hand just next to the fan vents.
- Elevate your laptop.
- Use a lap desk.
- Controlling fan speed.
- Avoid using Intense processes.
- Keep your laptop out of the heat.
Why does my laptop turn off when it overheats?
Most laptops are designed to shut themselves down if the CPU overheats, and other overheating conditions may trigger an automatic shutdown as well. You don’t want to keep turning the laptop back on again if it’s hot and it keeps shutting down.
Can you fix a laptop that overheats?
This means your laptop won’t overheat, but you might notice decreasing performance in response to increasing heat stress. Since laptops with passive cooling don’t have fans, there’s little you can fix. You can, however, recover processing power lost to CPU throttling by addressing the excess heat with external cooling.
How can I cool my laptop down?
How to cool down your computer
- Don’t block your computer’s vents.
- Use a laptop cooling pad.
- Avoid using programs that push your computer’s CPU limits.
- Clean your computer’s fans and vents.
- Change your computer’s settings to improve its performance.
- Shut down the computer.