How do I update my Dell XPS 13 BIOS?
- Copy the downloaded file to a USB drive.
- Insert the USB drive into any USB port.
- Power on the system.
- At the DELL logo screen, press F12 to access the one-time boot menu.
- Select BIOS Update in the section.
- Click Flash from file to browse the USB drive to locate the downloaded file.
- Select the file and click Submit.
Does DELL automatically update BIOS?
Dell told ZDNet that the BIOS firmware updates would be automatically installed as long as users had auto-updates turned on.
How do I check my Dell XPS 13 BIOS version?
Restart the computer. Press F2 key at the Dell logo screen during startup. Under the Main or System Information tab, look for BIOS Version.
Should I update BIOS?
In general, you shouldn’t need to update your BIOS that often. Installing (or “flashing”) a new BIOS is more dangerous than updating a simple Windows program, and if something goes wrong during the process, you could end up bricking your computer. I don’t mean to be all doom-and-gloom about it.