How do you read a beep code?
- 1 Beep – Refresh Failure. Reseat/replace memory, troubleshoot motherboard.
- 2 Beeps – Parity Error.
- 3 Beeps – Memory Error (first 64KB)
- 4 Beeps – Timer Failure.
- 5 Beeps – Processor Failure.
- 6 Beeps – Keyboard Controller Failure.
- 7 Beeps – Virtual Mode Exception Error.
- 8 Beeps – Display Memory Failure.
What does 3 beeps mean on a HP computer?
problem with the system memory
Three beeps that repeat after a pause and occur when you power on your computer indicate a problem with the system memory. Three beeps that play and then stop as the computer starts successfully mean that the BIOS was restored.
What to do if your HP computer is beeping?
Remove the power cable and the battery. Hold down the power button for 15 sec while booth power sources are removed. This should reset the hardware in the computer. As you turn it back on tap the F10 key.
What does 5 beeps mean HP?
The 5 beeps is a memory or motherboard problem.