How long is a consoles lifespan?
The average lifespan of a modern console is about six years. And while that might seem like quite a while, it’s short in comparison to consoles from past generations.
What will gaming look like in 2030?
In ten years, live streaming and virtual reality will define the way games are designed and played. Gamer-friendly and affordable headsets will be common by 2030. With streaming, VR will also get a boost, and gamers will no longer need a powerful gaming machine under their desk.
What console lasted the longest?
Eternal Champions: honoring the video game consoles with the longest lifespan
- Famicom (10 years, 347 days)
- PC Engine with CD-ROM (10 years, 183 days)
- Super Famicom (10 years, 11 days)
- Xbox 360 (9 years, 345 days)
- PlayStation 1 (9 years, 164 days)
- Wii (8 years, 151 days)
- Dreamcast (8 years, 103 days)