Have you downloaded a file with .alaw extension, but you have never seen this extension before? It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. Thanks to this easy guide you will be able to find out what .alaw file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .ALAW file?
The .ALAW file extension is from A-Law Compressed Sound Format. The file is a
What to know
There are currently 2 software that can open the .alaw file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .ALAW file?
Below we have written a comprehensive guide on how to open the .ALAW file on various operating systems.
How to open a .ALAW file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .alaw file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Locating your .ALAW file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Apple QuickTime Player software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .ALAW file on Mac
The .alaw file can be opened in 4 steps on Mac.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .ALAW file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the ShedWorx Smart Converter software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .ALAW file?
If you cannot open the .ALAW file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. The .ALAW file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: