While downloading files, you might have downloaded a file with the .ans extension. Perhaps you know what the file is, but you simply don’t know how to open it. Thanks to this easy guide you will be able to find out what .ans file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .ANS file?
The .ANS file extension stands for ANSI Text File. This file belongs to the text format and it is a
What to know
There are currently 2 software that can open the .ans file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .ANS file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .ANS file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .ANS file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .ans file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Locating your .ANS file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Microsoft Notepad software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .ANS file on Linux
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .ans file on Linux in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locate the .ANS file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Hover over the “Open with” button
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Open the file choosing the software
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Vim software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Linux.
Still cannot open the .ANS file?
If you cannot open the .ANS file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .ANS file –