Have you downloaded a file with .arw extension, but you are not sure what it is? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. Don’t worry! This article explains everything about the .arw file extension, how to open and work with it on various systems.
What is a .ARW file?
The file extension .ARW comes from Sony Digital Camera Image. This file extension was developed by Sony. The format of this
What to know
There are currently 5 software that can open the .arw file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .ARW file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .ARW file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .ARW file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
The .arw file can be opened in 4 steps on Windows.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Locating your .ARW file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .ARW file on Mac
To open the .arw file on Mac, please follow these 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Finding your .ARW file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .ARW file?
If you cannot open the .ARW file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .ARW file –
In this article you have learned how to open the .ARW file with the