While downloading files, you might have downloaded a file with the .bytes extension. It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. Thanks to this easy guide you will be able to find out what .bytes file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .BYTES file?
The file extension .BYTES stands for Binary Text Asset Data File. This file extension belongs to the developer Unity Technologies. The format of this file is binary, and it is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .bytes file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .BYTES file?
Below we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to open the .BYTES file on various operating systems.
How to open a .BYTES file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .bytes file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Locating your .BYTES file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Unity Technologies Unity software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .BYTES file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .bytes file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .BYTES file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Unity Technologies Unity software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .BYTES file?
If you cannot open the .BYTES file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. The .BYTES file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: