Have you came across a file with the .c4d extension and you don’t know what it is? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. That’s why we have made this article! You will learn how to open the .c4d file extension on various systems, what it is and how to work with it.
What is a .C4D file?
The .C4D file extension is Cinema 4D Model File. This file extension belongs to the developer MAXON Computer. The file is a
What to know
There are currently 3 software that can open the .c4d file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .C4D file?
Below we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to open the .C4D file on various operating systems.
How to open a .C4D file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .c4d file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Locating your .C4D file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Okino Computer Graphics PolyTrans software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .C4D file on Mac
To open the .c4d file on Mac, please follow these 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .C4D file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Unity Technologies Unity software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .C4D file?
If you are still unable to open the .C4D file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .C4D file –
In this article you have learned how to open the .C4D file with the