Have you downloaded a file with .cxt extension, but you have never seen this extension before? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. Thanks to this easy guide you will be able to find out what .cxt file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .CXT file?
The file extension .CXT comes from Director Protected Cast File. This file extension was developed by Adobe Systems. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .cxt file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .CXT file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .CXT file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .CXT file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
To open the .cxt file on Windows, please follow these 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .CXT file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Adobe Director software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .CXT file on Mac
The .cxt file can be opened in 4 steps on Mac.
Step 2: Finding your .CXT file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Adobe Director software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .CXT file?
If you cannot open the .CXT file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. The .CXT file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: