While downloading files, you might have downloaded a file with the .dsk extension. You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. Thanks to this easy guide you will be able to find out what .dsk file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .DSK file?
The file extension .DSK comes from Disk Image. The file has the binary format, and it is a
What to know
There are currently 5 software that can open the .dsk file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .DSK file?
Below we have written a comprehensive guide on how to open the .DSK file on various operating systems.
How to open a .DSK file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
The .dsk file can be opened in 4 steps on Windows.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Locating your .DSK file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the R-Tools Technology R-Studio software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .DSK file on Mac
There are 4 simple steps to open the .dsk file on Mac.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .DSK file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Apple Disk Utility software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .DSK file?
If you are still unable to open the .DSK file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .DSK file –
In this article you have learned how to open the .DSK file with the