Have you downloaded a file with .dxr extension, but you have never seen this extension before? It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. That’s why we have made this article! You will learn how to open the .dxr file extension on various systems, what it is and how to work with it.
What is a .DXR file?
The .DXR file extension is Protected Macromedia Director Movie. The creator of this file extension is Adobe Systems. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .dxr file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .DXR file?
In this part of the article we will show you how to open the .DXR file on various operating systems.
How to open a .DXR file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
The .dxr file can be opened in 4 steps on Windows.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Locating your .DXR file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Adobe Director software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .DXR file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .dxr file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .DXR file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Adobe Director software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .DXR file?
If you are still unable to open the .DXR file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .DXR file –