Have you came across a file with the .ecm extension, but it is a file you have never seen before? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. That’s why you are here! We have made this guide for you to learn more about the .ecm file extension and how to open it.
What is a .ECM file?
The file extension .ECM stands for ECM Disc Image. The creator of this file extension is Neill Corlett. The format of this file is binary, and it is a
What to know
There are currently 3 software that can open the .ecm file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .ECM file?
Below we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to open the .ECM file on various operating systems.
How to open a .ECM file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .ecm file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Locating your .ECM file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Gemc software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .ECM file on Mac
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .ecm file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .ECM file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the ECM GUI software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .ECM file?
If you are still unable to open the .ECM file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .ECM file –