Have you came across a file with the .fla extension, but it is a file you have never seen before? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. In this article we will explain what .fla file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .FLA file?
The file extension .FLA stands for Adobe Animate Animation. This file extension was developed by Adobe Systems. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .fla file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .FLA file?
In this part of the article we will show you how to open the .FLA file on various operating systems.
How to open a .FLA file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .fla file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Locating your .FLA file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Adobe Animate CC 2019 software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .FLA file on Mac
To open the .fla file on Mac, please follow these 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .FLA file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Adobe Animate CC 2019 software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .FLA file?
If you are still unable to open the .FLA file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .FLA file –