Have you downloaded a file with .fxt extension, but you are not sure what it is? Perhaps you know what the file is, but you simply don’t know how to open it. That’s why you are here! We have made this guide for you to learn more about the .fxt file extension and how to open it.
What is a .FXT file?
The file extension .FXT is from Finale Plug-in.It was developed by MakeMusic. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .fxt file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .FXT file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .FXT file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .FXT file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .fxt file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .FXT file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the MakeMusic Finale software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .FXT file on Mac
The .fxt file can be opened in 4 steps on Mac.
Step 2: Finding your .FXT file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the MakeMusic Finale software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .FXT file?
If you are still unable to open the .FXT file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .FXT file –