Have you came across a file with the .gcf extension, but it is a file you have never seen before? It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. In this article we will explain what .gcf file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .GCF file?
The file extension .GCF is from Game Cache File.The developer of this file extension is Valve. This file belongs to the binary format and it is a
What to know
There are currently 2 software that can open the .gcf file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .GCF file?
In this part of the article we will show you how to open the .GCF file on various operating systems.
How to open a .GCF file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
The .gcf file can be opened in 4 steps on Windows.
Step 2: Locating your .GCF file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the GCFScape software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .GCF file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .gcf file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .GCF file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Valve Steam software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .GCF file?
If you cannot open the .GCF file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. The .GCF file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: