Have you downloaded a file with .gcode extension, but you are not sure what it is? It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. Thanks to this easy guide you will be able to find out what .gcode file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .GCODE file?
The .GCODE file extension is G-Code 3D Printer File. This
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .gcode file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .GCODE file?
Below we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to open the .GCODE file on various operating systems.
How to open a .GCODE file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .gcode file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .GCODE file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Blaze3D software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .GCODE file on Linux
To open the .gcode file on Linux, please follow these 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locate the .GCODE file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Hover over the “Open with” button
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Open the file choosing the software
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Blaze3D software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Linux.
Still cannot open the .GCODE file?
If you cannot open the .GCODE file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .GCODE file –