Have you came across a file with the .hpi extension, but it is a file you have never seen before? It is possible that you know what the file does, but you are unsure on how to open it. That’s why you are here! We have made this guide for you to learn more about the .hpi file extension and how to open it.
What is a .HPI file?
The file extension .HPI is from Hemera Photo Objects Image File.It was developed by Hemera. The file is a
What to know
There are currently 2 software that can open the .hpi file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .HPI file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .HPI file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .HPI file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .hpi file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .HPI file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the XnViewMP software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .HPI file on Mac
The .hpi file can be opened in 4 steps on Mac.
Step 2: Finding your .HPI file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the XnViewMP software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .HPI file?
If you are still unable to open the .HPI file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. The .HPI file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: