Have you came across a file with the .j2k extension, but it is a file you have never seen before? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. That’s why you are here! We have made this guide for you to learn more about the .j2k file extension and how to open it.
What is a .J2K file?
The file extension .J2K is from JPEG 2000 Image.The development of this file was done by Joint Photographic Experts Group. The file has the binary format, and it is a
What to know
There are currently 6 software that can open the .j2k file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .J2K file?
Below we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to open the .J2K file on various operating systems.
How to open a .J2K file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .j2k file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Locating your .J2K file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the BioniX Wallpaper software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .J2K file on Mac
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .j2k file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Finding your .J2K file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .J2K file?
If you are still unable to open the .J2K file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .J2K file –
In this article you have learned how to open the .J2K file with the