Have you downloaded a file with .mae extension, but you are not sure what it is? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. Thanks to this easy guide you will be able to find out what .mae file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .MAE file?
The file extension .MAE is from My Avatar Editor Character File.This file extension was developed by My Avatar Editor. The file has the binary format, and it is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .mae file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .MAE file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .MAE file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .MAE file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
There are 4 simple steps to open the .mae file on Windows.
Step 2: Locating your .MAE file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the My Avatar Editor software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .MAE file on Mac
There are 4 simple steps to open the .mae file on Mac.
Step 2: Finding your .MAE file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the My Avatar Editor software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .MAE file?
If you cannot open the .MAE file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .MAE file –