Have you downloaded a file with .md5 extension, but you are not sure what it is? It is possible that you know what the file does, but you are unsure on how to open it. That’s why we have made this article! You will learn how to open the .md5 file extension on various systems, what it is and how to work with it.
What is a .MD5 file?
The file extension .MD5 is from MD5 Checksum File.The file is a
What to know
There are currently 5 software that can open the .md5 file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .MD5 file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .MD5 file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .MD5 file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .md5 file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Locating your .MD5 file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the MD5summer software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .MD5 file on Mac
There are 4 simple steps to open the .md5 file on Mac.
Step 2: Finding your .MD5 file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the checkSum+ software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .MD5 file?
If you cannot open the .MD5 file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. The .MD5 file extension is similar to other file extensions such as:
In this article you have learned how to open the .MD5 file with the