Have you came across a file with the .mdbackup extension, but it is a file you have never seen before? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. In this article we will explain what .mdbackup file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .MDBACKUP file?
The file extension .MDBACKUP comes from iPhone Data Backup File. This file extension belongs to the developer Apple. The format of this
What to know
There are currently 4 software that can open the .mdbackup file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .MDBACKUP file?
Below we have written a comprehensive guide on how to open the .MDBACKUP file on various operating systems.
How to open a .MDBACKUP file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
The .mdbackup file can be opened in 4 steps on Windows.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Locating your .MDBACKUP file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Apple iTunes software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .MDBACKUP file on Mac
The .mdbackup file can be opened in 4 steps on Mac.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .MDBACKUP file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Echo One File Juicer software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .MDBACKUP file?
If you cannot open the .MDBACKUP file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. The .MDBACKUP file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: