Have you came across a file with the .mddata extension and you don’t know what it is? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. Thanks to this easy guide you will be able to find out what .mddata file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .MDDATA file?
The .MDDATA file extension is iPhone Backup File. The development of this file was done by Apple. The format of this
What to know
There are currently 2 software that can open the .mddata file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .MDDATA file?
In this part of the article we will show you how to open the .MDDATA file on various operating systems.
How to open a .MDDATA file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
To open the .mddata file on Windows, please follow these 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .MDDATA file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Apple iTunes software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .MDDATA file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .mddata file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .MDDATA file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Apple iTunes software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .MDDATA file?
If you are still unable to open the .MDDATA file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .MDDATA file –