While downloading files, you might have downloaded a file with the .mdinfo extension. It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. That’s why you are here! We have made this guide for you to learn more about the .mdinfo file extension and how to open it.
What is a .MDINFO file?
The .MDINFO file extension is from iPhone Backup Information File. The creator of this file extension is Apple. The file has the binary format, and it is a
What to know
There are currently 4 software that can open the .mdinfo file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .MDINFO file?
Below we have written a comprehensive guide on how to open the .MDINFO file on various operating systems.
How to open a .MDINFO file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .mdinfo file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Locating your .MDINFO file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Notepad++ software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .MDINFO file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .mdinfo file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .MDINFO file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Apple iTunes software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .MDINFO file?
If you cannot open the .MDINFO file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .MDINFO file –