While downloading files, you might have downloaded a file with the .mdl extension. Perhaps you know what the file is, but you simply don’t know how to open it. Fear not, in this article we will show you how to easily open the .mdl file in few simple steps on various systems.
What is a .MDL file?
The .MDL file extension is from Warcraft 3 3D Model Text File. The development of this file was done by Blizzard Entertainment. This
What to know
There are currently 4 software that can open the .mdl file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .MDL file?
In this part of the article we will show you how to open the .MDL file on various operating systems.
How to open a .MDL file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
There are 4 simple steps to open the .mdl file on Windows.
Step 2: Locating your .MDL file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Notepad++ software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .MDL file on Mac
To open the .mdl file on Mac, please follow these 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Finding your .MDL file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Apple TextEdit software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .MDL file?
If you are still unable to open the .MDL file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .MDL file –