Have you came across a file with the .pek extension, but it is a file you have never seen before? It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. Don’t worry! This article explains everything about the .pek file extension, how to open and work with it on various systems.
What is a .PEK file?
The .PEK file extension is from Adobe Peak Waveform File. The development of this file was done by Adobe Systems. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .pek file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .PEK file?
In this part of the article we will show you how to open the .PEK file on various operating systems.
How to open a .PEK file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
To open the .pek file on Windows, please follow these 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Locating your .PEK file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Adobe Encore CS6 software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .PEK file on Mac
The .pek file can be opened in 4 steps on Mac.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .PEK file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Adobe Encore CS6 software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .PEK file?
If you cannot open the .PEK file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. The .PEK file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: