While downloading files, you might have downloaded a file with the .pln extension. It is important to know how to open this file – in order to be able to work with it. Thanks to this easy guide you will be able to find out what .pln file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .PLN file?
The file extension .PLN stands for ArchiCAD Project File. The development of this file was done by GRAPHISOFT. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .pln file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .PLN file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .PLN file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .PLN file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .pln file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .PLN file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the GRAPHISOFT ArchiCAD software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .PLN file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .pln file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .PLN file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the GRAPHISOFT ArchiCAD software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. Congratulations! You have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .PLN file?
If you are still unable to open the .PLN file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .PLN file –