Have you came across a file with the .prf extension and you don’t know what it is? Perhaps you know what the file is, but you simply don’t know how to open it. In this article we will explain what .prf file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .PRF file?
The .PRF file extension is Outlook Profile File. This file extension was developed by Microsoft. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .prf file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .PRF file?
Below we have written a comprehensive guide on how to open the .PRF file on various operating systems.
How to open a .PRF file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
There are 4 simple steps to open the .prf file on Windows.
Step 2: Locating your .PRF file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Microsoft Outlook 365 software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .PRF file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .prf file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Finding your .PRF file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Microsoft Outlook 365 software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .PRF file?
If you are still unable to open the .PRF file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .PRF file –