Have you downloaded a file with .ptp extension, but you have never seen this extension before? It is possible that you know what the file does, but you are unsure on how to open it. In this article we will explain what .ptp file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .PTP file?
The file extension .PTP is Pro Tools Preferences File. The creator of this file extension is Avid Technology. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .ptp file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .PTP file?
Below we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to open the .PTP file on various operating systems.
How to open a .PTP file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
We have written below an easy-to-understand guide on how to open the .ptp file on Windows in 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .PTP file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Avid Pro Tools software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .PTP file on Mac
There are 4 simple steps to open the .ptp file on Mac.
Step 2: Finding your .PTP file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Avid Pro Tools software that you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .PTP file?
If you are still unable to open the .PTP file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .PTP file –