Have you came across a file with the .pwp extension, but it is a file you have never seen before? Perhaps you know what the file is, but you simply don’t know how to open it. Don’t worry! This article explains everything about the .pwp file extension, how to open and work with it on various systems.
What is a .PWP file?
The .PWP file extension stands for PhotoWorks Image File. The creator of this file extension is Seattle FilmWorks. This
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .pwp file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .PWP file?
Below we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to open the .PWP file on various operating systems.
How to open a .PWP file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
To open the .pwp file on Windows, please follow these 4 easy steps.
Step 2: Locating your .PWP file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the XnViewMP software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .PWP file on Mac
The .pwp file can be opened in 4 steps on Mac.
Step 2: Finding your .PWP file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the XnViewMP software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .PWP file?
If you cannot open the .PWP file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. The .PWP file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: