Have you downloaded a file with .pyxel extension, but you have never seen this extension before? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. That’s why we have made this article! You will learn how to open the .pyxel file extension on various systems, what it is and how to work with it.
What is a .PYXEL file?
The .PYXEL file extension is Pyxel Image Document. This file extension was developed by Daniel Kvarfordt. The format of this file is zip, and it is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .pyxel file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .PYXEL file?
Below we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to open the .PYXEL file on various operating systems.
How to open a .PYXEL file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
The .pyxel file can be opened in 4 steps on Windows.
Step 2: Locating your .PYXEL file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. In the fourth step, after clicking “Open with”, you should see the Pyxel Edit software that you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .PYXEL file on Mac
There are 4 simple steps to open the .pyxel file on Mac.
Step 2: Finding your .PYXEL file
2. The second step is locating the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the Pyxel Edit software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .PYXEL file?
If you are still unable to open the .PYXEL file, it might be because you are trying to open the wrong one. The .PYXEL file extension is similar to other file extensions such as: