Have you came across a file with the .rpt extension, but it is a file you have never seen before? You most likely know what the file is, but you might be unsure on how to open it. In this article we will explain what .rpt file extension is, how to open it and how to work with it.
What is a .RPT file?
The file extension .RPT stands for Crystal Reports File. The creator of this file extension is SAP. The file is a
What to know
There is currently 1 software that can open the .rpt file on 2 platforms.
How to open a .RPT file?
Below you can find an easy to understand, step-by-step guide to open the .RPT file on your operating system/device.
How to open a .RPT file on Windows (7, 8, 10)
To open the .rpt file on Windows, please follow these 4 easy steps.
1. The first step is to download the
Step 2: Locating your .RPT file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. The file can be usually found in your /download/ folder if you don’t remember where you have downloaded it to.
Step 3: Choose “Open with”
3. In the third step right click on your file and choose “Open with”.
Step 4: Choose the software and click ok
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the SAP Crystal Reports Viewer software you have downloaded. Choose your software and click on “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Windows.
How to open a .RPT file on Mac
Below you can see a visual guide on how to open the .rpt file on Mac in 4 easy steps.
1. In the first step you need to download the
Step 2: Finding your .RPT file
2. In the second step you need to locate the downloaded file. If you don’t remember where you have downloaded your file to, you should check your /download/ folder as it usually gets automatically saved there.
Step 3: Clicking “Open with”
3. In the third step, after locating your file, right click on it and click “Open with”.
Step 4: Choosing the software to open your file
4. After choosing the “Open with” option, you will have an option to choose the SAP Crystal Reports Viewer software you have downloaded. Click on the software and click “OK”. That’s all, now you have opened your file on Mac.
Still cannot open the .RPT file?
If you cannot open the .RPT file, it is entirely possible that you are trying to open the wrong file. There are many similar file extensions that look like the .RPT file –